Citizenship of Dominica
Currently the Dominican citizenship programme is the most cost effective passport programme in the Caribbean.
- Minimum investment from $100, 000 (non-refundable) and from $220,000 into real estate (refundable).
- Visa free travel to 95 countries (including EU and United Kingdom).
- Processing time up to 4 months.
- Minimum term of property ownership - 3 years.
- The island does not impose any residence requirements and there is no tax on income, wealth or inheritance
- 1. Gift
Under the family category the applicant pays $200,000 which is sufficient for processing Dominican citizenship for the applicant, spouse and two children under 18 years old. Each extra child under 25 years old will require additional payment of $25,000. If the applicant is on his/her own, the payment will amount to $100,000. Donation is only made after approval of the application, i.e. there is no risk of giving a gift without receiving citizenship.
- Investment into real estate Minimum purchase - $200,000.
Investment should be made for a minimum of five years (in 5 years you can try to sell the property and get the money back). When foreigners buy real estate they have to pay a levy of $6,000. In addition to the cost of real estate the investor will have to pay non-refundable state fees, these do not have to be paid if citizenship is processed through donation. These fees are: $50,000 for main applicant, $25,000 for a spouse of the main applicant and $20,000 for each child under 18 years old. A $50,000 fee is paid for each child between 18-25 years old.