EU Residence and Citizenship
Benefits of Maltese citizenship
- Minimum investment — from €1.15 million.
- EU passport in 14 months.
- Visa free travel to 163 countries including USA, United Kingdom and Japan.
- No requirement to speak the language.
- Maltese citizens are exempt from taxes on income received abroad.
- No requirement to reside in the country.
- Spouse and children under 26 years old and parents over 55 years old receive Maltese citizenship under investor’s application.
- High level of security.
- No double taxation.
- Legal withdrawal and secure placement of investment in the hard currency of the EU.
- Partially refundable investment.
- Invest €650,000 into the Economic Development Fund of Malta. This contribution stays in the Fund and is not refundable.
- Purchase of real estate in Malta for €350,000 or sign the lease with an annual payment of no less than €16,000. The property can be sold or the lease terminated in 5 years.
- Purchase securities for the total amount of €150,000 from the list approved for participation in the programme of obtaining citizenship for investment.
Minimum package of documents
- Form N for the applicant.
- Form O for spouse/parents over 55 years old/children 18-26 years old.
- Form P for children under 18 years old.
- Form PDFEE — data on the applicant, family, education and employment.
- Form SSFW — data on the source and origin of the money.
- Bank statement for the last 3 months.
- Documents from sponsor, if applicable (sponsor should fill out forms SSFW and PDFEE). In the event that payment for participation in the programme is made by somebody else and not the main applicant (e.g., spouse of the applicant, grown up dependent or any other person).
- Form PSC — certification of the photograph and signature of each applicant.
- Form MRQ —health information. To be certified by a doctor or medical expert. Required from each applicant.
- Passports. For all applicants.
- ID cards and/or residence permit, for all applicants including the children.
- Photographs not older than 6 months.
- Birth certificates. For all applicants. Two original extracts from the birth certificate or original of the full birth certificate showing parents information details.
- Criminal record check. For all applicants over 12 years old. The original document issued by the police of all countries where the applicant has resided over the last 12 years and countries of which he\she is a citizen should be submitted.
- Military service information.
- Documents on change of forename and/or surname.
- Confirmation of residential address.
- Marriage certificate.
- Divorce certificate (if applicable).
- Certified translations into English of the official documents.
- Applications for Maltese passport.
- Oath of fidelity to Malta (verbal).
- Proof of financial dependence of the dependents on the main applicant.
- Insurance certificates.
- Contract for purchase/rent of real estate.
- Proof of investment.
- Proof of residence.
Stages of the process
- Receiving PR (1-4 weeks).
- Collection of documents (2-3 months).
- Security screening (4 months).
- Mandatory investments (4 months).
- Issuing passports (1-2 weeks).
Mail us for individual consultation