Free Assesment

Fiancé Visa

A person who is outside the UK and who is engaged to be married to a person present and settled in the UK (i.e. someone who has either indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship) may apply to come to the UK as their fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner.


Your partner or family member must have one of the following:

  • British citizenship;
  • settlement in the UK;
  • asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK.


You must also prove that:

  • you’re 18 or over, unless you’re applying as a child;
  • you intend to continue living with your family member or partner in the UK after you apply;
  • you have an adequate place to live in the UK;
  • you have a good knowledge of English if you’re 18 or over – unless you’re applying as an adult dependent relative.


Your application might be refused if, for example, you’ve:

  • got a criminal record in the UK or in another country;
  • provided false or incomplete information to the Home Office.


Joining your partner if you are engaged to be married or become civil partners:

You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship.

You must prove that any previous relationships you or your partner had are permanently broken down.

You must prove that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK.

You will NOT be able to work during your engagement.


You must also meet the financial requirement of:

  • £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself;
  • £22,400 per year for you and one child;
  • £2,400 per year for each additional child.

You won’t need to prove you have this money if you or your partner get certain disability benefits or Carer’s Allowance, but you’ll need to adequately accommodate and support yourselves and any dependants.

Mail us for individual consultation
Letter was sent
Thank you for contacting us
Marka all

I ask about: