Free Assesment

Marriage Visitor Visa

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s


You must apply for a Marriage Visitor visa if:

  • you want to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK
  • you want to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK
  • you’re not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership
  • you meet the other eligibility requirements

You don’t need a Marriage Visitor visa to convert your civil partnership into a marriage - you can apply for a Standard Visitor visa.

You can’t apply if you qualify for British citizenship - including if you can have dual nationality. You must apply for British citizenship instead.


How long it takes to get a visa

The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.



It costs £87 to apply.


How long you can stay

You can use this visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months.


What you can and can’t do

You can use this visa to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK:

  • within 6 months of your arrival
  • in any location licensed for this purpose

You can’t:

  • get public funds
  • bring in family members (‘dependants’) - they must apply separately
  • live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
  • extend your visa or switch to another visa
  • work - except for permitted activities related to your work or business overseas, eg attending meetings
  • study for more than 30 days - studying can’t be the main reason for your visit


You must prove that you’re:

  • 18 or over;
  • free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival;
  • in a genuine relationship;
  • visiting the UK for less than 6 months;
  • leaving the UK at the end of your visit;
  • able to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that you can be supported and housed by relatives or friends;
  • able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey;
  • not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
Mail us for individual consultation
Letter was sent
Thank you for contacting us
Marka all

I ask about: