Free Assesment

Spouse/Marriage Visa

A person who is either in the UK or outside the UK may apply for a visa as the spouse or civil partner of a person present and settled in the UK, i.e. someone who has either indefinite leave to remain or British citizenship.


Your partner or family member must have one of the following:

  • British citizenship;
  • settlement in the UK;
  • asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK.


You must also prove that:

  • you’re 18 or over, unless you’re applying as a child;
  • your relationship to your family member is genuine and recognised in the UK, eg your marriage is legal in your country;
  • you intend to continue living with your family member or partner in the UK after you apply (unless you’re a parent who has access to the child);
  • you and your family will have an adequate place to live in the UK;
  • you have a good knowledge of English if you’re 18 or over – unless you’re applying as an adult dependent relative.


Your application might be refused if, for example, you have:

  • got a criminal record in the UK or in another country;
  • provided false or incomplete information to the Home Office.


Joining your partner/ if You’re engaged

You must prove that you and your partner are 18 or over and in a genuine relationship, and also be married or in a civil partnership. You must prove that you plan to marry or become civil partners within 6 months of arriving in the UK. You won’t be able to work during your engagement.


You must also meet the financial requirement of:

  • £18,600 per year if you’re applying only for yourself;
  • £22,400 per year for you and one child;
  • £2,400 per year for each additional child.

You won’t need to prove you have this money if you or your partner get certain disability benefits or Carer’s Allowance, but you’ll need to adequately accommodate and support yourselves and any dependents.

Mail us for individual consultation
Letter was sent
Thank you for contacting us
Marka all

I ask about: