The Turkish Businessperson visa is a visa for Turkish nationals who are aged 18 years old and over who wish to start a new business, or join an existing business in the UK.
This business visa offers Turkish nationals benefits that other business visas do not offer, such as there are no application fees to make an application under this route. Also, unlike the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Investor and Innovator routes, there is no set amount of investment required. Rather, an applicant will need to show ‘sufficient funds’ to establish a business in the UK.
If this route is of interest to you, please get in touch today. Unfortunately, due to Brexit, once the transitional period comes to an end, this route will close to new applicants.
Criteria and Requirements
In order to qualify for a Turkish Businessperson visa, you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
Be a Turkish national;
- Be over 18 years old;
- Have a genuine intention to set up a viable business in the UK;
- Have sufficient funds or assets to establish your business;
- Your role in the business will not amount to disguised employment;
- You will have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family without needing another job or public funds;
If you are wanting to join an existing business in the UK, you will need to show that:
- You will have an active role in running the business; and
- There is a genuine need for your investment and services.
Your initial visa will be grated for 12 months. Before the expiry of this 12 months, you can apply for an extension, which is normally granted for a period of 3 years. You can then make further extension applications before the expiry of your 3 year visa.
After residing in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years, you will be eligible to apply to stay in the UK indefinitely, otherwise known as settlement or indefinite leave to remain.
What you Can and Cannot do
As a Turkish Businessperson visa holder, you can:
- Establish and run your business’
- Undertake voluntary work;
- Study as long as it does not interfere with the business; and
- Bring your spouse/unmarried partner and your children.
Unfortunately, as a Turkish Businessperson visa holder, you cannot:
- Take paid employment; and
- Receive public funds.
Most visa application centres outside the UK offer a priority service which allows Turkish Businessperson visa applicants to receive a decision on their applications for entry clearance within 5 working days. The standard service often provides a decision within 12 weeks.
If you want to switch to this visa from inside the UK, a decision can take up to 6 months.