You can apply to extend your stay in the UK under a Representative of an Overseas Business visa for a further 2 years after the original visa duration of 3 years. Applications to extend visas must be made before expiry of the current visa. You can remain in the UK whilst the application is being processed if you applied prior to current visa expiry.
The Representative of an Overseas Business visa extension application process is complex with strict criteria. The supporting documentation must be fully complete and accurate. As part of our Representative of an Overseas Business visa extension service, we will prepare your application for submission to the Home Office and guide you through the whole process. Immigration.UK is a firm of dedicated immigration lawyers. The firm prides itself in efficient management when processing UK visa extension applications and providing advice for UK settlement.
Eligibility Criteria (extension application):
In order to meet the criteria, overseas business must still have its headquarters and principal place of business outside the United Kingdom. Further, you should be employed full time as a representative of that overseas business, established it and be in charge of its registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary.
You are required to provide evidence to support your application, particularly with regards to generating business since your last grant of leave and your ability to support yourself whilst in the UK.
Experts at Immigration.UK provide comprehensive advice, the eligibility criteria and the documentary evidence required to submit with your application.
If you are granted leave, the following will apply to you.
You should not:
- Take any other employment;
- Hold majority of shares in the overseas business.
- You should apply before your current visa expires;
- If you are in the UK, we encourage you to apply at least a month before your existing leave expires. If you apply much earlier than this, you risk having a shortfall in leave if you choose to apply for settlement;
- Priority Service may be available for visa extension which should allow for a decision to be made within 10 working days;
- Standard processing times for entry clearance applications is approximately 3 weeks and for applications submitted from within the UK processing time is currently approximately 8 weeks;
- You will be contacted if your application is complicated, and it can take longer if authorities want you to attend interview, verify your supporting documents, or for any other reasons.