After you’ve been in the UK for 5 years under Sole Representative of an Overseas Business, you can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK, also known as Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
As the representative of an overseas business in the UK, after residing in the country for 5 years, you may become eligible to apply for ILR. Permanent settlement gives you the right to remain in the UK for an unlimited amount of time and grants the freedom to take up employment or study without restriction. Settled status is necessary to qualify for a British passport as applicants must be settled in the UK in order to obtain Naturalisation as a British Citizen.
As part of our ILR service, we will prepare your application for submission to the Home Office and guide you through the whole process. Immigration.UK is a firm of dedicated Immigration lawyers. The firm prides itself in efficient management when processing UK visa extension applications and advice for UK settlement.
To be eligible for ILR in this category, you will need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have been living in the UK for a continuous period of 5 years as a representative of an overseas business, during which time you have continuously complied with your visa requirements;
- You need to prove that you have established a UK registered branch or subsidiary of an overseas business which has generated business;
- You need to prove that your employer is based overseas and still actively trading, and that at the time of submitting your ILR application you have permission to remain in the UK as a sole representative;
- Be able to demonstrate that you have supported yourself and any dependents in the UK without recourse to public funds throughout the 5 years;
- You can produce a letter from your employer which certifies you are still required to do the job were first granted leave for.
In addition to this, as with all ILR applications you will also need to:
- Meet the residency requirements: during the 5 years have spent no more than 180 days outside the UK in any 12-month period;
- You will need to pass the Life in the UK Test;
- You will need to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the English language and pass an approved English language test at B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- You will receive a decision on whether your application has been successful within 6 months, or less if you utilise one of the Home Office’s premium services.